You are searching about How Old You Have To Be To Join Girl Scouts, today we will share with you article about How Old You Have To Be To Join Girl Scouts was compiled and edited by our team from many sources on the internet. Hope this article on the topic How Old You Have To Be To Join Girl Scouts is useful to you.
Good Pageant Platforms: How to Choose One and Make a Difference
- What is a competition platform?
- How can I choose a good platform for the competition?
- Can you give me some ideas, examples or themes for a contest platform?
The contest platform is why a contestant chooses to volunteer her time to either raise awareness, raise money, or implement a program she created to help solve a problem.
There are so many needs in today’s world that finding something you’re passionate about in your community is just a matter of looking around or talking to a few executives. In our society, the media and the public are attracted to people who have titles or have celebrity status. As a titleholder, you can use this to your advantage to get your message out there if you’re ready.
“Never question the value of volunteers. Noah’s Ark was built by volunteers; Titanic was built by professionals” – Unknown.
Sometimes I meet a person who has the attitude ‘I’m just one person. I can’t tell the difference. Besides, I don’t have the time, money, or education to make things happen. Well, maybe not; however, you know people who do. And these people know different people who know other people. They are just waiting for you to ask them for help. You don’t have to micro-manage or run the entire project yourself. Just let people know about the mission and needs.
There is strength in numbers, and the more people you involve in your plans, the better.
Think back to the candlelight service you attended. It starts with one candle in a dark space. Then one by one the flame passes until the whole area is a blazing light. Most of the time, people are not even aware of a specific need in their community. All it takes is one person speaking at an event or a single newspaper article to ignite the fire needed to initiate change.
Follow Stephen Covey’s advice to “Begin with the end in mind” when choosing a good platform.
What specific result do you want to achieve? Is it to raise $50,000 for new safety equipment for the local fire station? Or is it about starting your own foundation? The key to choosing a platform that will inspire you is the depth of personal experience you have with it. There must be a deep reason why you want to spend countless hours servicing a particular project. You may have lost a loved one or a family pet. This event has made you want to reach out to others who are experiencing the same pain. Maybe you want to avoid trouble. Maybe you’ve experienced something so wonderful or painful that you want others to know about it so they can either join you in your joy or avoid the pain.
Either way, it starts with looking inward and listening to your heart—not your head.
We act when we are emotionally charged, not because something is logical and makes sense.
Here is just an initial list of ideas, examples, and themes from the past two years of Miss America pageants that might spark your interest in finding a platform for your pageant.
- March of Dimes
- International travel to become a global citizen
- Drowning Prevention / Water Safety
- Boys and Girls Club of America
- Girl Scouts of America
- Helping Hand for America’s Seniors (visiting nursing home residents)
- Education and awareness about eating disorders
- Global awareness
- National Alopecia Areata Foundation
- Preventive medical care
- Scoliosis Awareness
- Susan G. Komen Foundation
- Preventing domestic violence
- Girls Inc.
- AIDS awareness
- Homelessness prevention and education
- Support for the arts
- Connecting generations
- Positive body image
- The fight against child hunger
- Raising awareness about human trafficking
- Recognizing the good in your neighbors and neighborhood
- Organ donation
- Asthma Awareness
- Prevention of underage drinking
- Cancer prevention through total wellness
- Literacy/Reading Across America
- Cancer research
- Youth Leadership Development
- Character development
- Child abuse
- Consequences of peer pressure
- Children’s Miracle Network
- Dangers of distracted driving/texting while driving
- Dress for success
- Outage prevention
- Autism speaks
- Running for public office
- Dance: Movement for Better Health
- Building a positive self-image
- Heart health and prevention of cardiovascular disease
- Animal Care
- Internet/Social Media Safety
- Recycling/green projects for the environment
- Second Harvest Food Bank
Video about How Old You Have To Be To Join Girl Scouts
You can see more content about How Old You Have To Be To Join Girl Scouts on our youtube channel: Click Here
Question about How Old You Have To Be To Join Girl Scouts
If you have any questions about How Old You Have To Be To Join Girl Scouts, please let us know, all your questions or suggestions will help us improve in the following articles!
The article How Old You Have To Be To Join Girl Scouts was compiled by me and my team from many sources. If you find the article How Old You Have To Be To Join Girl Scouts helpful to you, please support the team Like or Share!
Rate Articles How Old You Have To Be To Join Girl Scouts
Rate: 4-5 stars
Search keywords How Old You Have To Be To Join Girl Scouts
How Old You Have To Be To Join Girl Scouts
way How Old You Have To Be To Join Girl Scouts
tutorial How Old You Have To Be To Join Girl Scouts
How Old You Have To Be To Join Girl Scouts free
#Good #Pageant #Platforms #Choose #Difference