You are searching about Best Book.To Give To A 20 Year Old Girl, today we will share with you article about Best Book.To Give To A 20 Year Old Girl was compiled and edited by our team from many sources on the internet. Hope this article on the topic Best Book.To Give To A 20 Year Old Girl is useful to you.
20 Personal Safety Tips for Women
I get really angry when I think about people who hurt women. Crime statistics reveal that 1 in 6 women will be sexually assaulted in their lifetime and 1 in 4 on their college campus! Unfortunately, it is almost impossible to grasp the significance of crime statistics until you or someone you love has become one.
The good news is that most assaults on women are preventable. Yes, I said preventable. They can be stopped before they even start if women wise up and learn to outwit the world’s predators.
How do I know that attacks can be prevented? Unfortunately, after experience. I am the mother of a girl who was attacked by a stranger. When my daughter Amber was 14 years old, she was grabbed off her bike one block from our home, thrown into this pervert’s car and taken to a secluded area to be raped.
But things did not go as he planned because this predator had not chosen the “perfect victim”. He chose a smart girl who had a smart mother, a black belt, who had taught her to fight for her life if she was ever in danger. And never be the perfect victim! Amber fought back, screamed for help, escaped and lived to tell. I am happy to report that she is now 35 years old and the mother of my two perfect little granddaughters.
Safety is a way of life for me. Is it for you? I want to share some safety tips to protect yourself and your loved ones from harm.
1. Carry yourself with confidence. Cheer up. The back is straight. Look strangers in the eye. Speak in an authoritative manner. Predators want weak victims. If you look strong and confident, they won’t want to mess with you.
2. Trust your feelings. If something or someone feels wrong or “off,” trust your sixth sense. Don’t go there! Do not do that! Scram! Many women have been taught not to listen to their guts. This is a dangerous way of thinking. Fix it.
3. It’s okay to NOT be nice and friendly all the time. It is safer to be cool and aloof with strangers. Women are sympathetic and generous by nature, which can lead to many dangerous situations. Teach your children to be suspicious of strangers as well.
4. Guard your wallet. Women practically carry their lives in bags. And lives are ruined every day by predatory identity thieves. Always keep your wallet closed or sealed. If you put it in your shopping cart while shopping, buckle it up like you would a small child. Never leave your wallet in your car unless it is locked in the trunk.
5. Watch out, the woman carries! When you go out, carry something in your hand that could be used as a weapon if needed, such as keys, an umbrella, a cane, a wallet, or pepper spray. [I don’t recommend carrying a gun.]
6. Don’t leave home without a cell phone or some device to call 911 in an emergency. If you feel threatened in any way, it’s an emergency. Call 911! Don’t wait until things get really bad to call 911. Teach your children how to call 911 as soon as possible.
7. Healthy paranoia is a good thing. Be aware of your surroundings. When I’m outside my home or office, I’m alert and constantly looking around for potential danger. Don’t dream or have fun unless you are safe and sound at home.
8. Danger tends to lurk in the shadows. Stick to well-lit areas.
9. It is safer to use the elevator than the stairs. Empty stairwells are well-known hiding places for sexual predators. Do the exercises in a different way.
10. Only go out in pairs if possible. Public restrooms, jogging tracks, parking lots, alleys, bad neighborhoods, as well as laundry mats, public transportation, stores, and gas pumps at night are particularly dangerous places to be alone. Never hitchhike.
11. Home invasions are on the rise. Always keep the doors and windows of your home locked. Invest in a loud security alarm system and motion-sensitive lighting. If you live alone, get a big dog.
12. Avoid carjacking. Keep your car doors locked when entering and exiting the vehicle. Do not open windows or doors unless you are absolutely sure you can trust the person on the other side of the door. If you feel threatened while in a vehicle, lay down on the horn and get out.
13. When you are at a social event, bar, restaurant, private party, please remember: drinking alcohol will lower your natural defenses and make you an easier victim. Don’t drink unless you have a sober person to accompany you for the night and of course drive you home. Keep an eye on your drinks – the rooftops are happening!
14. Run, lady, run! If physically possible, practice running, even if it’s just a short distance. Some women never run and aren’t sure they could if they should. Knowing you can get away is a valuable tool for self-defense. Even if a predator has a gun pointed at you, run for your life!
15. Take a self-defense course or learn martial arts. Knowing how to block, dodge, kick, and punch are skills available if you or a loved one is threatened.
16. If attacked, shout “Fire!” or “Help!”, shout and curse like the crab fishermen, run as fast as you can and fight for your life.
17. If an assault (verbal or physical) occurs, take note of the details, get out of there somehow, report the assault, press charges, and seek justice through the legal system.
18. Teach your daughters, sisters, mothers, grandmothers, friends, co-workers, and every other woman you know about safety and self-defense.
19. The World Wide Web can be a worldwide spider web. Please be aware of the dangers associated with establishing an online relationship. Don’t give out too much personal information, such as your real name, home or work address, or phone numbers. If you decide to meet this person face-to-face, bring a companion with you.
20. Help others if you witness an attack. Call 911. Get involved. To make a loud noise and cause a commotion.
Be safe out there!
Video about Best Book.To Give To A 20 Year Old Girl
You can see more content about Best Book.To Give To A 20 Year Old Girl on our youtube channel: Click Here
Question about Best Book.To Give To A 20 Year Old Girl
If you have any questions about Best Book.To Give To A 20 Year Old Girl, please let us know, all your questions or suggestions will help us improve in the following articles!
The article Best Book.To Give To A 20 Year Old Girl was compiled by me and my team from many sources. If you find the article Best Book.To Give To A 20 Year Old Girl helpful to you, please support the team Like or Share!
Rate Articles Best Book.To Give To A 20 Year Old Girl
Rate: 4-5 stars
Search keywords Best Book.To Give To A 20 Year Old Girl
Best Book.To Give To A 20 Year Old Girl
way Best Book.To Give To A 20 Year Old Girl
tutorial Best Book.To Give To A 20 Year Old Girl
Best Book.To Give To A 20 Year Old Girl free
#Personal #Safety #Tips #Women